Monday, February 2, 2009

Already?

OK, so I can't believe that it is already February! And for that matter, I really can't believe that it is already 2009! Are you kidding me? Where did it all go? I have lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, the Vietnam War, the Cold War, and the wars that have been happening since that I guess we don't really have a name for...unless you like the term "GWOT (Global War on Terror). It's sad because I think when I was in 7th grade (1975) I figured, like a lot of people, that by now we would have flying cars, cancer would be cured, people all over the world would be able to understand each other regardless of native tongue, and a whole bunch of other cool stuff. Not that we don't have cool stuf in 2009...don't get me wrong, I just wish that we could have gotten here without all the mindless stupitity that goes with progress.

So, my problem really is that 2009 is 1/12th finished and I haven't even balanced the checkbook and prepared my annual budget. I'll get right on that.

What are your goals for this year? Adding 200 friends to Facebook? I want to play at least 30 rounds of golf this year. January was a bust, so I know have to set my ambition on about 3 rounds per month...fore! Oh, but there is snow in tomorrow's forecast...

1 comment:

  1. Do you need your nieces to start giving you a hard time about blogging more? ;-)

    ReplyDelete